Recipe type: Main Meals
- Paneer from 1 litre of non-homogenised, full cream milk 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, (optional)
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp fresh turmeric, finely grated
- 1 clove fresh garlic, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 firm, ripe tomato, skinned and diced
- 1 tbsp red capsicum, diced
- 1-2 button mushrooms, diced, (optional)
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Coriander or Parsley leaves for garnish
- Baby spinach leaves, rocket, or your favourite greens to serve 2 tsp chutney to serve, (optional)
- Heat the ghee in a pan, and add cumin seeds, ginger, garlic and turmeric and fry until soft.
- Add capsicum and mushrooms and stir fry until mushrooms are browned.
- Add the tomato and season with pepper and salt.
- Stir in the paneer and gently blend with the spiced vegetables.
- Serve on a warmed plate with green leaves, coriander or parsley and a spoon of chutney!