- 250g Paneer, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp Ghee & 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cardamom pods
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger, paste
- 6 cloves garlic, paste
- 3 green chillies, slit lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1½ cups tomato puree
- 1 tbsp kasoori methi, fenugreek leaves
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp fresh cream, (more if needed)
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Melt the ghee and butter in a pan.
- Add cardamom, cinnamon and cloves and fry for 10 seconds.
- Lower the heat and add the cumin seeds until they crackle.
- Add the ginger & garlic paste, fry f to remove raw flavour.
- Add the green chillies and tomato puree. Stir, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Crush in Mesoori methi, chilli powder, coriander, turmeric, pepper, cumin, garam masala and salt.
- Add paneer pieces and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Add milk and cook on low heat until boiling.
- Just before serving, add fresh cream and garnish with coriander leaves!